Here Emina thoughtfully demonstrates the gaping holes in my wardrobe. I need this jacket.
And these shoes. So practically impractical, what with their ability to properly mesh with casual and dressier looks, all while putting me satisfactorily at eye level with the boyfriend.
Amazing Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti concoction. I sort of can’t look away.
Definitely didn’t end up doing anything worthy of reporting tonight. My boyfriend and our roommate are watching American Idol, which I smoothly bowed out on after about 4 minutes. I understand that I am outweighed by 2938472934299 people when I say this, but I just can’t glean any joy from that show. In fact, I’m pretty sure I find it depressing. I wonder if I don’t care about singing. Anyway, Polyvore it is.
Orla Kiely dress, Charlotte Russe coat, Marc Jacobs dress, Hollywould cuff, Topshop belt.
Phillip Lim dress, Alexander McQueen sandals, Chloe sunglasses, We Love Colors tights.
My version of the Alexander Wang vest dress I coveted all last summer. Two separately originating pieces are better anyway. Loving the warmer weather but definitely going to add tights and my leather jacket if I end up going anywhere tonight.
Dress, secondhand. Vest, Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker. Booties, F21. Bag, Anna Corinna. Hat, H&M.
Neophyte to the blogosphere that I am, I am simultaneously delighted and surprised to be tagged by The Glossy to reveal 7 randoms about the old self. Since I did a bag-unveiling at least semi-recently, I’ll keep this more general.
1. I like to eat everything out of big mugs with long spoons.
2. I am currently horrifically addicted to Nestle peppermint mocha creamer. Don’t worry, I don’t drink it straight (yet), but did stock up since the morons at Nestle have deemed it a seasonal product. If there is no coffee present, into hot chocolate it goes.
3. My boyfriend and I have seen the movie Madagascar (yes, the cartoon about zoo animals) 5 times. Sometimes we dance around at the end.
4. I’m okay with the general concept of socks but can’t STAND to wear them when I’m in the house.
5. I am convinced I can singlehandedly teach my boyfriend French and test him regularly with vocabulary flashcards.
6. I love driving with the windows down and the heater on full blast.
7. I used to live in Tokyo, then Hong Kong when I was little, the latter of which gave me a temporary British accent. I still don’t like to say “tomato” the American way.
Not even meaning to, I picked out an outfit that (minus the boots) cost me about $10. And the boots were even obtained on clearance at Marshall’s (yes apparently stores as lowbrow as Marshalls have clearances)…oh the joys of being frugal to balance out the handbag binges.
Flannel shirt, secondhand. Dress, vintage Ferre. Boots, some Italian brand. Tights, F21. Bag, likely faux Chanel.
Copyright 2014 | fashiontoast